Thursday, February 22, 2007

Now for the ladies...

Let's just get on with it...

Stephanie Edwards - I LOVED her song - my man Prince! I think she is a true performer and will go far in this competition.

Amy Krebs -I have liked this girl from the first audition. She has some pitch problems, but I liked her take on the song - a song which has been sung to DEATH... but it wasn't too bad. I think Simon was too hard on her.

Leslie - There is always one contestant that irks me each year. There is someting about her that just does. She did ok, but just ok. I don't know what Simon was trying to say to her... but she definitely has no business singing Aretha.

Sabrina Sloan - Wow, this girl can sing. Great tone. Great control. Great stage presence. I loved her from the start. She doesn't disappoint. One of my faves.

[side note - I do think Ryan Seacrest provoked Simon at the beginning of the show. He was actually in a good mood for once, and Ryan just kept pushing. There is something strange going on between the two of them.]

Antonella - She is beautiful, but I just don't think she has the experience needed to get her through to the top 12. I think the first few bars were surprisingly good - I liked the style. I think she will get votes because of her looks, and I think she just has to grow a lot more and she will end up being a good singer someday.

Jordin Sparks - I really like this girl. She did a great job mixing it up a little and getting rid of her "sugary" image. Very exciting. She will go far, if America has a brain.

Nicole - I can honestly say I do not remember her at all. When she started her performance, I almost choked - she was that bad... and weird. Her lower register was just bad and strange. Her upper register was fabu! She has confidence, I'll give her that.

Haley Scarnado - What I remember of this girl from Hollywood was that she was just ok. I don't "love" her voice, ya know? Her song choice made me want to puke, but oddly enough it was very well-suited for her. She s very theatric, which I hate in pop music. And let's be honest - AI is pop.

Melinda Doolittle - Go Melinda, go! She did Aretha and Tennessee proud. What a performer she is. She seems so sweet, too... not that being sweet will win the competition. Ha!

[Once again, what in the world is going on with Paula's hair???]

Alaina Alexander - This girl is so cute. She started out so bad on her performance, and didn't get much better. She didn't have the breath support or stamina to get past her nerves. It was really out of tune.

Gina Glockson - There is something about her that irks me... but one thing I will say for her is that her lower register was IN TUNE! Thank you, Gina!!! Boring boring boring song choice. If we wanted to hear Celine, we would, ya know? [haven't heard the judges comments yet] Ok, Simon just said the same thing. She did well, but the really high note was strained. She hit it, but it was strained.

Lakisha - Whoo! The girl got NASHTY with her song. I had chills upon chills. I love her heart and passion. She is hungry for this. Nice. She may not win, but she will go on to be a star.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had almost decided that I would stop watching AI this season because I just don't have time for all those episodes. But, after reading your comments, I realize now I have to go watch those episodes (I was smart enough to tape them, just in case) and see what you're talking about! I thoroughly enjoy your commentaries!

JFK