Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy V-Day to me!!!!




I have never been a fan of Valentine's Day. Ya know, if you need an actual OCCASION to love... then, what good is love? ;-) Alright, that's a little melodramatic, but then again so am I!


So last night, Aaron and I went to Green Hills mall to eat at the Cheesecake Factory for our Valentine's Day outing - we never go out on the 14th because it's just too darn crowded.
Anyway... after our dinner - which was fabulous - we went to the Apple store to look around. I have been longing for a macbook to have as my very own so I can play around with Garageband and record some of my music. I have been ok with the chances of that being very slim, however. Good things come to those who wait. Right?


A friend of mine recommended I get a macbook and keyboard (music, not computer) to get started with. I walked in to the store and got a little freaked out. This is a big step. Not just the money... but just knowing that something that I have alternately dreamed about and pushed aside in my mind was so tangible.

To make a long story short, my wonderfully sweet and caring husband INSISTED that I get the computer AND keyboard. We would've gotten the usb microphone but they were sold out. YAY!!!!! I was too tired last night to fool with it, and it has now been 12 hours and 33 minutes and I have yet to fire that baby up (I'm on the old computer now) and get going.


You know... I want to clarify that it's not like Aaron would never ALLOW me to get this. It's just that we like to think and act as realistically as possible in life. This has been a WANT, not a need... and with 3 small kids, there are plenty of needs to focus on without getting off-track with wants. And basically I always knew that once the kids got to a manageable age, I would start feeling the itch to make music again.


Oh, and here's another thing. I lead worship every Sunday and I love it more than anything. Because of the type of music that we do at Sumner Life, I usually end up feeling creatively satisfied, in addition to feeling like I've actually just worshipped the Lord. However, because that's the only musical/creative outlet I have right now, I have found myself getting into a rut. Lately I have been walking around the house singing... and everything sounds like I'm leading worship. There's nothing WRONG with that... I just want to keep more variety in my world. I grew up being able to sing any type of genre and I don't want to let that get too far away.

Well, I didn't mean to write this long. I'm just really excited!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Welcome to my mac-licious world. Happy Valentine's!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud, Beth. You are no longer a virgin in the ways of the "Mac." Swell choice... And if you ever need some tasty guitar tracks to go along with your garageband, you know where to find me... ;)

Cindy Lou Who said...

Can't wait to hear your wonderful talents put on a track. Fire that baby up! Love ya!