Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Maybe I'm a little TOO into this, but here we go...

Ok, so it's at this point in the season when people start asking me my opinion. What season, you ask??? American Idol season, of course!!!! ;-) So, I will do my level best to blog after each performance show with my comments about the contestants... and maybe even the judges, audience, host, etc. Who knows??? Hey, this is just for fun so feel free to disagree. Just... if you do... keep it to yourself. Ha!

Rudy Cardenas – “Free Ride” I enjoy the upbeat songs at this point better than the ballads, so thanks Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Ok, but seriously his hip thrusts are killing me. His upper range is amazing, though.

Brandon – he’s actually ok. Not really one of my favorites for some reason, but I’m always glad when a backup singer can step out!

Sundance – He was an early favorite for me. But “Knights in White Satin”??? Come on! I think he’s going home based on this one performance. He’s a better singer than this.

Paul Kim – Started out terribly on “Careless Whisper”, and didn’t get much better. If his barefoot gimmick can get him some votes, he’ll be darn lucky. It just wasn’t good, dawg.

[side note – Paula looks horrible tonight! Bad hair… bad eye makeup.]

Chris Richards – I like him. However, he SERIOUSLY should’ve stood still if he wasn’t going to hold the mic at the beginning! Ok, I love “I Don’t Wanna Be” so he scores points with me for choosing that song.

[side note – Everyone seems so nervous tonight! The guys last year seemed a little more seasoned???]

Nick Pedro – I like this guy. I love the tone of his voice. Not the greatest stage presence… but he’s kinda a humble guy. He has some pitch problems, like just about every other guy that has performed tonight so far!

Blake Lewis – He is one of my favorites of all 24. I think he has a great voice, a great style, and he’s talented. He chose a Keane song, which fits his voice… but doesn’t necessarily transfer on the idol stage, ya know? But, who cares? He rocked. Reminds me of Maroon5's Adam Levine.

Sanjaya – ok, so he was much better than his sis. He needs a haircut. His smile is cute, and borderline creepy at the same time. Ha! I don’t know quite what to say about his performance. He can definitely sing. I was kinda bored… but his dynamics were good. Make sense?

Chris Sligh – Another one of my faves. Not just because of the humor-factor… although I would vote him into the top 3 just for the Hasslehoff comment alone. Great song choice – MUTE MATH!!! Good performace. Not flawless - his timing was a little off, but I forgive him.

Jarod Cotter – He seems to have a good personality. Boring song choice, and I hope it doesn’t hurt him. Definitely had some pitch problems – but when he didn’t he sang it well. Make sense?

AJ Tabaldo – He did really well with the upbeat song choice. A little boring… but not bad. He actually has a great soul voice and seemed at home on stage. He needs some help with his wardrobe, though.

Phil Stacey – Ok, the beginning was SCARY. I was seriously scared for him. But then when he kicked it in, he rocked. Great tone, great voice. (He must never do that mealy mouthed singing again.) Also, he is a pastor’s kid!!!! So yay, go Phil!

More on the ladies after their performances!!!!!!

No comments: