Friday, August 11, 2006

American Idol, baby... part 1

Tonight - well, technically LAST night - a bunch of us went to the American Idol concert. We have been looking forward to this for months. The original plan was for Jenni to take Abbey as a little girl's night. Sonya, Jackie, and I were not having it. We had to go, too. So, we shelled out the money and started counting the days.

This morning at 5am, Lincoln woke up with a raging fever. The poor child was miserable. Then, Abbey woke up with one eye swollen shut. Once we got her eyes open, we found that it was incredibly infected. Yikes. Unfortunately, I had to drag all three kids around Hendersonville to meet their teachers. It was meet the teachers day. I wasn't just being intentionally cruel.

As the day progressed, so did Abbey's eye infection as well as Lincoln's fever. So, at 4pm I took them to the doctor's office. The doctor shocked us with the news that Aaron and the 2 kids have a funky virus that effects people with either an eye infection or a high fever with sore throat... or both. Anyway, it's highly contageous, and since Abbey is at that age where if her eye itches, she scratches it and then forgets to immediately wash her hands, I thought it would be best for her to stay home. It was a difficult decision to make, but I didn't want to risk getting everyone else sick. Kim Rollins eagerly gobbled up Abbey's ticket - yay! Once we got to the concert, I teared up everytime I saw a little girl with her mommy. Wah! I felt so bad, but I know in my heart that it was the right decision. Aaron rented The Shaggy Dog for the kids to watch.

After getting home at 5:30 from the doctor's office, I didn't have time to even change clothes before the concert. Kim picked me up in a torrential downpour to head downtown. We had a neat lightening show on the way there!

We ended up with great seats! Thanks, Jenni!!!!! Enough talking... here are the pictures. Three blogs follow this one!

I have found it increasingly hard to take a good shot of oneself while holding the camera. Case in point below...

Kim is glad to be out of the house, and Jenni is glad to be in the same building with Taylor Hicks. Jackie is semi-excited to be there, but very excited to be there with her girls! Doesn't Sonya look like a two-headed monster, kinda?
The concert begins with hometown girl, Mandisa!!!!! She was AMAZING, and looked beautiful!!!!

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

TAB said...

Oh Girl! What an amazing blog! You made us feel like we were there the way you journaled it and the pic's are great! I love the descriptions of everyone's actions/reactions! You go girl! I am so happy you girls got to go!

Jackie said...

Still bummed about Abbey.

Kristy Jo said...

Ya'll need to come here on a missions trip and get some of these single girls married off! Don't tell Jackie I said that:)

Beth said...

Ok, Kristy, I won't tell her... ;-)

And a mission trip there sounds AWESOME! Sign me up!

TAB said...

That's what I am talking about! I will be there in a heartbeat! I have seen the pictures and it is beautiful! Especially since Kristy told me that we could do a day trip over to Northern Italy.....Oh Yea!