Monday, February 21, 2005

Episode 5

First, let me just say that the whole weekend has been a huge JOY. This is the most rewarding and fun thing I've ever done. It is certainly GOOD to be in God's will. Now I truly know what it feels like!

Let me just quickly tell you a few of the highlights:

It started raining last night and didn't stop. It rained and it rained and it rained. POURED. Our "parking lot crew" was fabulous! They had umbrellas ready, and made sure everyone got inside as dry as possible. They even parked some people's cars for them!
As I got ready this morning, things went so smoothly. The kids were in a great mood, and I wasn't nervous like I usually am before something this big.
We had 86 people there this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!
We had an awesome alter call!
Worship was soooooo good! Considering we only had 2 rehearsals and had never played together before. We did a lot of new songs, and still the congregation was really into it! Praise the Lord!
Here's the biggest praise report: I am ALWAYS nervous before singing. There are times when I literally feel as though I'm going to throw up I am so nervous. I had every right to BE nervous this weekend... but I WASN'T!!!!!!!! Not one little bit! There's no explanation for it, except it is the Holy Spirit!
My kids were SO HAPPY! When I picked up the boys from nursery, they were happy and in great moods. Luke was able to tell me everyone in his class (which included Lincoln!), even his teacher's name! Lincoln was flirting with everyone after church.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Miss your posts! ;) Love ya!