Friday, February 18, 2005

Episode 2

Hello again! This has been a weird week. My writing will probably not be very comical or interesting... and could possibly not even make sense at this point!

We're counting down to Sunday! Our first-ever Sunday service as Sumner Life is right around the corner. Yay! I can't wait to get it under our belt.

Wednesday, I woke up with a horrible headache. I mean horrible! Within 30 minutes of getting out of bed, it had turned into a full-fledge Migraine. Yuck! Taking care of kids is hard enough (though rewarding and great!), but taking care of kids while managing a migraine headache is... well, impossible! I know Aaron wanted to just run from the house screaming. This week is stressful enough without me getting taken out of the ballgame. To make matters worse, we were to have a prayer meeting at the Barriero's house... and they called to say the youngest daughter, 9 yr old Anna, was in the hospital with dehydration. Well, they stuck it to the devil and let us have our prayer meeting there anyway! And it was AWESOME! I love the people of our church. They rock!

Today was funny. I'm so used to Lincoln waking me up at 7:20 (like clockwork) every morning. I take him a bottle, and while he drinks it in his crib, I get ready... then get everyone else ready for the day. Well, this morning, he woke up at 6:00am (!!!!) to take his bottle and fell back asleep. At 8:20, I woke up frantic! Abbey had to be at school at 9am. Usually, I throw the boys in the van in their pj's and we come back home and get ready if we have to go somewhere. Today, however, we had to go straight from dropping Abbey off to somewhere else. Lincoln would've slept the day away, I suppose! So, I jumped out of bed and coaxed Abbey awake. She wasn't too thrilled with the idea of getting up and going to school for some reason. By time I got all 4 of us ready and downstairs, she was already late for school. I hadn't made her lunch.

We took Abbey to school, and then I drove back home to make her lunch. I grabbed the boy's clothes so I could get them ready at our next destination. Also, I threw a bunch of toys I was donating to the new church in the trunk of the van. We took Abbey her lunch at school (she was having a blast), then drove to Gallatin to Cheryl Linz's house. There, we met up with Cheryl and Linda, who were already cleaning nursery toys like crazy. Go, girls! ;-) They are awesome! Lincoln had pooped, so I had to not only change his clothes out of pj's, but also diaper him. Fun. The boys had a blast playing in Cheryl's driveway while we all pulled out toys and cleaned them. I noticed Lincoln was getting sleepy and so I told the ladies I was gonna have to scoot, since I had 2 other errands to run.

Next, Luke pooped so I stopped by the house to change his pull-up Oh, Luke is pretty much potty-trained.. but since we were running errands, I put him in a pull-up. From there, we went to Family Bookstore to listen to worship cd's. The whole time, Luke was begging me to take him to the grocery store to ride the race car shopping carts. Sorry, bud - worship cd's are first priority!

We got to Family, and the boys were showing signs of crankiness. I found about 15 cd's I really wanted to listen to... but couldn't figure out how on earth I was gonna manage hearing them and keeping the boys happy. The Veggietales TV corner was on the other side of the store. So, I enlisted the help of the assistant manager. He went completely out of his way to move the cd player to the back of the store where the Veggietales DVD was playing. He also grabbed me a chair so I could sit and listen to the cd's while the boys watched the video and played. THANK YOU, kind sir!!!! This was a huge help!

The boys were excellent while I picked out music. After being there almost 2 hours, I settled on 4 cd's a DVD, and a book. I did good!

Lincoln had not had a nap yet! And it was 1:45 and I had to pick up Abbey and Madison by 2pm at school! YIkes! We got to the school and got the girls. Lincoln fell asleep in the van.. but once we got home, he woke up. I tried putting him to bed, but he could hear the kids playing and wanted to join in!

Side note - Luke has been a singing, dancing machine lately!!!!!! He is a riot!

Tonight, Aaron took Madison and our kids to the Cornerstone leadership dinner while I went to Worship Band Rehearsal. Poor Aaron... he said Luke SCREAMED the entire way to the church, because Maddy was sitting in his carseat while he sat in the built-in one. He is a man of convictions!

Ok, I am really tired and this blog probably doesn't even make sense. I love my family. I jsut want them to know that!

Til next time!

Beth (written after midnight... but still considered Thursday night because I'm still awake)

No comments: