Friday, February 18, 2005

Episode 3

I feeling a bit raw with my thoughts right now. If this was a TV show, it would be one of those "Moment of Truth Lifetime Movies". Speaking of which - I'm not really a fan (who is, right?) of Lifetime movies... or any other made for TV movie for that matter. But, why is it that I get hooked if I somehow land on that channel? Hooked as in rubbernecking to see a train wreck. It ain't pretty, but you just can't stop watching.

Since we got Satellite, I hardly ever see anything I don't INTEND to see. The reason for that is the "Guide display" through our satellite. I can see a list of channels and what's on, what year it came out, who's in it, how long it's gonna last, etc. without actually going to a particular station. I love it - you waste far less time this way. You surf less, if you will.

Today, however, I found myself longing to curl up in a blanket on my bed and tune into a cheesy Lifetime Movie and not have to use a single brain cell in the process. We're starting a church instead, ha ha! Scary that I could be feeling so burnt out (if that's what this was) before we even have our first Sunday am service. I'm just tired.

Let's see... I had a great day with the kids today. Life has definitely turned a corner for us! Luke is semi-potty-trained, and Lincoln is walking more each day. It's just downright fun! Abbey and I have done a lot of cuddling and watching fun stuff on TV lately. She is really amazing. It's hard to have a conversation with her without your jaw dropping to the floor from something she said.

I'd like to talk about Abbey for a minute. I've caught myself being rather hard on her lately. I think it's a habit... because she's a girl, I want her to be tough. Well, let me rephrase that. Subconsciously, I want her to be tough. But really, do I? Anyway, I've tried to make an effort to just laugh at her when she does something funny, instead of correcting her. She's an amazing person. I love her so much. We are buds.

Luke is cracking me up lately. He has changed his personality like you wouldn't believe. Not that he hasn't always had a great one - don't get me wrong! He's always been a stinker. But, he has come out of his shell, and has started dancing, singing, cracking jokes, and just being REALLY cool.

Lincoln is in a class by himself. I'm trying really hard not to spoil him... but I don't know how good of a job I'm doing. He's downright irresistable.

Side note: Chris and Brandi Exley adopted their China baby a few days ago. They are keeping a web-journal. I'm hooked. I'm telling you this right now - I didn't expect that baby to be so beautiful! She is just breathtaking! I'm in love with her! They named her Melia. I keep going back to their website and just looking at her. Aaron got all nervous that I was going to want to adopt one. Nah! I'm open to adopting... but I don't want to have to go through all the international red-tape. Now, if the Lord wants us to, then that's another story.

Ok, this episode is drawing to a close. Aaron needs the computer and I don't feel like going down to the playroom to write more from my computer.

Until next time...

Beth

No comments: