Monday, September 08, 2008

When depression hurts...

I cannot even believe this happened, but it did. It totally did.

This weekend, I recorded almost every single episode of the "House" marathon on USA. Lincoln would come in a play on the computer while it was on in the background, but I didn't think too much about it.

On Sunday after church, one of my friends was having a really hard time and needed me to pray with her. I grabbed a few other ladies and we began to pray. As we were praying, she began to cry pretty hard. At that same moment, Lincoln was being chased by a bunch of girls and he ran up to me, looking pretty scared. I made him sit in the chair with me and help me pray. It was pretty cute seeing him lay his hand on my friend and whisper "Jesus".

After praying, we all went out to our cars. I had all 3 kids in my van and I pulled up beside my friend to check on her one last time before driving off. I've been really worried about her and just wanted to make sure.

As I started driving off, I hear this comment from Lincoln:

"I think maybe her needs Cymbalta... for when it hurts."

WHAT????????????? Did I hear him correctly????

"What did you say, Lincoln"

He said "I think maybe her needs Cymbalta for when it hurts. I saw it on a commercial. but it's not for a child. Only for adults, like moms and dads."

There is a commercial that plays several times during each "House" episode. It starts by saying, "Where does depression hurt? Everywhere. Who does depression hurt? Everyone. But there's help with Cymbalta."

I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing. It was just absurd. He was so serious. Later that day, I began watching a House episode on my DVR. The commercial came on - he heard the music and came running in my room and had this really weird, accomplished look on his face and said "This is it, mom. Is it Cymbalta or Imbalta?" I said "Cymbalta". Without even looking away from the TV, he said "Yeah. Cymbalta."

Here is the Youtube video of the commercial.



I REEEALLY need to be more careful about the commercials he watches! (Abbey & Luke, too, I'm sure!)

Just had to share.

4 comments:

MrsKristinClark said...

That is simply fantastic!
We might be reading about Dr. Allison here, he uses a combination of love, prayer, and proper medications to help his patients. =)
Give him a kiss on that cute little brain from me!

Beth said...

For real! I will kiss his cute little brain as soon as I retrieve him from school!

Mary said...

Awww. They do pick up on all of that stuff. Owen gives me the slogans for all the stores we go to...When we pull into Home Depot I often hear..."you can do it, we can help."

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Bless him, what a big heart :)