Friday, August 08, 2008

I'm NOT Mace Windu!!!

Warning to those reading this who are sensitive to the word "Poop" - read no further.

For the rest of you, however, I have a funny story to share.

Aaron made the grievous error of "accidentally" throwing away the boys' favored Light-Sabers. If you know us at all or have read any of my recent blogs, you know this is not good. Not good at all. How does one accidentally throw away light-sabers? We won't get into that right now.

Anyway for about 2 days, I listened to Luke lament the unfairness of no longer having his beloved saber. Lincoln was only occasionally annoyed - basically when he wanted to whop Luke on the head with it - but Luke became fixated on the fact that the sabers were gone at the hand of his father.

No longer able to sustain the berating on Aaron's behalf any longer, I took the boys to pick out new light-sabers. Luke is a student of all 6 episodes and knows which color saber each character has, right down to the BASE of the saber. I mean, really, who notices things like that? My son, for sure.

As we entered the Star Wars aisle, I asked the boys what color they wanted. Lincoln immediately said "The purple one" I asked him which character had the purple one and Luke replied "Mace Windu!" A young boy walking through the aisle called out "Mace Windu rocks." Wow, who knew?

After securing the purple saber for Lincoln and the blue saber for Luke, a.k.a. Anakin Skywalker (before he turned evil, mind you!), we continued on to finish our shopping. Of course, the boys flicked their sabers out and stood en garde. Luke said "I'm Anakin Skywalker and you are Mace Windu!"

Lincoln replied in a low, menacing tone "I'm NOT Mace Windu, I'm Poops Windu."

I was so caught off-guard that laughter erupted from me before I could catch myself. Lincoln seemed not to really notice or care. We continued on.

Later on in the quest for groceries, I heard Lincoln again say his name was Poops Windu. I decided to investigate a little.

Me: "Lincoln, why are you saying this?"
Linc: "Because I not Mace Windu."
Me: "You're not? Why not?"
Linc: "Because I'm Poops Windu."
Me: "Hmmm, I've never heard of Poops Windu."
Linc: "He's in EPISODE 7, mom. EPISODE 7. I can't be Mace Windu because I'm a little boy."

Ooookaaaay. My theory is that Poops Windu is Mace's son, who appears in Lincoln's imaginary episode 7. I'm too afraid to ask for confirmation.

I haven't really heard anything from Poops Windu today... which, you know, I'm ok with! Maybe he's already forgotten. :-)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

hahahahha! I absolutely love these stories. I truly laugh out loud. Man your kids are freakin cute!

Mary said...

That is too funny.

Different subject...When I opened your blog this morning and the picture of Abby popped up...Owen was sitting behind me eating his breakfast and I hear..."Pretty!" When I turned around he was pointing his spoon at her picture and said again..."pretty, pretty, pretty."