Monday, October 16, 2006

My Daddy's Birthday...

Today would've been my dad's 65th birthday. However, he passed away shortly before his 64th birthday. I cannot accurately describe my father with mere words. It's exhausting to even try. What I can tell you is that he was wonderful, unique, loving, funny, and never met a stranger.

So, I woke up this morning and thought about my dad, as usual. Instead of being sad and upset like I was last year on his birthday (since his passing was so fresh), I felt a peace. As I went about my day, I kept imagining what a great birthday dad must be having in heaven. I could just picture him standing with people all around him as he cracked everyone up with his great sense of humor. As much as dad was loved on earth - and he was - I know there was a great celebration when he arrived in heaven.

So, happy birthday, Daddy. I'm so thankful you are no longer suffering in your earthly body. And I'm so thankful you are with your Lord Jesus, whom you love.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

TAB said...

Beth, your Dad was an awesome man who was a lot of fun to be around. He loved to kid around with everyone and make them feel comfortable. I was blessed to get to know him. I know this birthday was the BEST PARTY EVER!!! Love you, Tammy