Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Fray is rocking my world...

So... I downloaded "How to Save a Life" by The Fray onto my computer and mp3 player. I am sooooo loving it!!!!! It's kinda rocking my world right now.

Tonight, I went shopping at WalMart for a few things for us... and a few things for my brother's wedding/rehearsal dinner!!!! I took my mp3 player and got lost in my world of music while bargain hunting. I was kinda dancing and singing while I shopped. I prolly looked like a freak, but I really don't care. Seriously.

Ok, so this week has been HARROWING. Truly. I shopped all day Monday for a dress to wear to my brother's wedding. I found one.

On Tuesday, Aaron and I worked for 6 hours trying to put together a swing set for our kids before we ran out of daylight. (The frame is up and the slide is semi-attached.) At the last minute, we decided to load up the family and catch the last of the fireworks. Aaron's mom is in town so we had a full vanload.

Picture this: Lincoln was in his diaper. Luke was in a t-shirt and underwear. We were all gross from being outside all day. Just as we turned into where all the crowds were to watch the fireworks, our van started breaking down!!!!! We tried to turn around and get out of the way before the fireworks were over and the crowd started dispersing... but we kinda got stuck. It was VERY STRESSFUL!!!!!! A police officer and another nice man jumped out and started helping Aaron push the van out of the way and over to the side. For some reason, I jumped out of the van and was going to run around and get behind the wheel so Aaron could push and all of a sudden I heard "Pastor Aaron!!!!" We looked over, and there was our lovely, beautiful, awesome 20/20 group from church!!!!! Our angels! They ran over and grabbed car seats and kids... and got us all home!

OK, so the good news is that God is AWESOME and prepared for our breaking down by providing our friends to take us home. I"m soooo glad I didn't break down on my way to KY next week, ya know?

The bad news is this: it was our transmission. It is TOAST. Completely. So it's going to cost us $3,000 we don't have. But, God is so good and I know He will provide. He always does.
So tomorrow I have to kick booty and get all the shopping done for the Rehearsal Dinner. I'm SOOOOOO pumped that my mom is coming in tomorrow!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!! I have missed her so much. My whole family - well, most of them anyway - is coming in for the wedding. I can't wait!!!!!

Ta-ta for now!

1 comment:

TAB said...

I am so glad they were there for you. If you have to break down, that is the way to do it! I am glad you get to see your Mom, I know that will be such a blessing for you both. Love ya!